Opening hours / Monday – Friday / 09:00 – 17:00

(34) 966 761 805


Personal Tax

Both residents and non-residents in Spain are obliged to submit different types of tax declaration to the Spanish Tax Agency and pay their taxes. In order to avoid unpleasant surprises from the Tax Agency it is strongly advisable to use the help of our finance advisors who can help with complying the ever-changing tax laws and save money in the long run.
For-example non-residents, who own a property in Spain, are obliged to submit an imputed income tax declaration, which means that there is a tax to pay based on the cadastral value of the property just for the pleasure of owning a holiday home in Spain.

The main tax for residents in Spain is the personal income tax, which everybody must present annually with the exemption of low-income earners. Both residents and non-residents may also be a subject to inheritance tax, gift tax, wealth tax and taxes subject to buying and selling properties in Spain etc.

€69 – individual

€99 – joint

per Resident Income Tax Declaration

(1 Property Owner)

(2 Property Owners)

+ €49
per additional property owner

per non-Resident Income Tax Declaration


per Rental Property Income Tax Declaration (4 quarterly returns)

Corporate Tax

Owning a business in Spain may be your dream. SPE can help you pass through the sometimes overwhelming Spanish bureaucracy with ease – we help you with establishing a company, file your tax returns, keep your accounting on point, calculate payrolls, submit fiscal reports and apply for different types of licencing etc.

There is a variety of businesses types to choose from, the most common are a Sociedad Limitada (Private Limited Company) or autónomo (self-employed). Self-employed is the simplest way to start a business in Spain, there is no minimum investment requirements and setting up can be arranged in few days. Self-employed people are generally responsible for paying IVA (VAT/Impuesto sobre el Valor Añadido) and income tax (IRPF Impuesto sobre la Renta de las Personas Físicas) and are required to submit quarterly returns and pay social security each month. Self-employed is more suitable for smaller businesses however it means you are personally liable for your business obligations.

Sociedad Limitada is more time-consuming and can be more expensive to establish, it typically takes around 8 weeks to organise. There is a requirement for a minimum investment of €3,010 for share capital which needs to be deposited in your company’s bank account. There are more obligations to fulfil than autónomos such as calculation of payrolls and monthly social security costs. Limited companies are also liable for IVA and corporation tax. Each year a fiscal report with all the information and data related to the company’s financial status is required to be submitted to the Spanish Tax authorities.

Fees vary depending on the type of business, employees and volume of transactions, quotes are available upon request